.quickedit { display:none; } മഴവില്ലുകള്‍ - എം കെ ഭാസിയുടെ കവിതകള്‍: Hues and Shadows

Friday, February 8, 2008

Hues and Shadows



Silent in the lone woods
We sit - the two of us

Blending into a rainbow
Like a hue, a shadow.

Far away the lights of the inn
We went by, fade and disappear.

Like a lotus petal withered,
You fall onto my breast.

My fingers turn into a balm
Cool on your hot temples.

My tears like pearls on your cheeks
Losing their pallor.

Your eyes reveal an ache
That's within my heart.

The sweet joy that fills your heart
Overflows into my heart.

Silent in the woods we sit
The two of us

Blending into a rainbow
Like a hue, a shadow.

 Translated from Malayalam by Thara Ravindran
This poem received the Editors' Choice Award and was selected for publication in JEWELS OF THE IMAGINATION - an anthology by the International Library of Poetry, USA (1997), page 117.
Audio recording by Int'l Library of Poetry.

No comments: